Monday, 27 July 2009

Femme Fatale

Hi!

Heres a pic of evil Angelina from before she joined the Special Corps and was a homicidal evil doer!


Evil Angelina!

The miniature is as usual a Laserburn adventurer and is armed with a large calibre pistol. I went for a bit of a black leather look somewhat like the main character from Underworld as I thought it suited an evil type quite well! The miniature itself is really rather good apart from the fact she has a cloak which doesnt really work with the rest of the outfit.

Ive also finished a hover van, again from Laserburn:


Yellow Truck!

I ended up going for a bit of a beaten up looking finish as I hadnt given it a thick enough undercoat so the yellow appeared patchy. I think it looks quite nice and the vans design is excellent. I just wish someone would release some more sci-fi civilian vehicles (preferably with a choice of hover, grav and wheeled!)

Im now waiting on a couple of orders arriving before I do any more so it may be a couple of days before I can update the blog!

All the best!

3 comments:

  1. Just a quick word to say how much I am enjoying the blog. A mate of mine tried to get me to read these books years ago and I didn't fancy them. Sorry Ian!! Its only now that I haveread them that I realise what I have been missing out on. They are great romps and each one is filled with great scenarios. I have fancied gaming it a few times and now I can do it by proxy. Just wondering though what rules are you going to use?
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Glad to hear you are enjoying the blog as I am really enjoying working on it! Its been the first time Ive really tried painting 15mm stuff and have really caught the bug. Hopefully I will be able to eventually portray all of Jims assorted allies and foes within a budget thats reasonable!

    Im currently using Rogue Trader as its pleasingly retro and fits quite well with the small scale skirmish type of gaming that Slippery Jim requires but am thinking of trying out Necromunda or Mordheim to make it a bit more in-depth. Im also pottering round with my own set of rules which are cunningly called A Stainless Steel Ruleset which are pretty simple and will allow for a bit more character.

    Ive got a copy of Fantastic Worlds somewhere which is aimed at small scale pulp sci-fi gaming so will need to try it at some point too!

    Ive also just received my Peter Pig order so will be adding some more black clad minions to my forces!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like Evil Angelina's outfit! Oh contraire the cloak accenutuates the whole look.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete